Dates again for Flat 2013?

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
mbonner

Re: Dates again for Flat 2013?

#16 Post by mbonner »

And I shall miss them!

Setters Forever

#17 Post by Setters Forever »

Well you may miss me too.

Loaded the dogs into the truck for our 75 minute drive to the beach for our two hour walk and had to turn around five miles out. Something seemed desperately wrong with the engine, and of course that stupid engine light was blinking. Drove it straight to the mechanic, described the symptoms, and he said that the Fords tend to have coil problems, no worries, it would be ready in a few hours.

Well, it turned out not to be the coil, it sucked the number two piston. Eight grand for the new motor (Ford 5.7) including installation and taxes. Might put a dent in my travel budget. I will know sometime after the fifteenth of April. I have a camera for sale, with an exquisite collection of lenses if you know anyone.

First time I have ever blown an engine. Wasn't anything like NASCAR.
From the Love that dare not speak its' name to the Love that won't STFU, in one generation. PostOak

Oh, and Cot Less j0e (I don't know the facts). Feel free to chime in. Setters Forever

KE0YYQ

steve voss

#18 Post by steve voss »

Ouch.
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Setters Forever

#19 Post by Setters Forever »

That was pretty much my first comment. Now after a half bottle of tequila, and more basketball than I can handle, it is still an ouch. A big one.
From the Love that dare not speak its' name to the Love that won't STFU, in one generation. PostOak

Oh, and Cot Less j0e (I don't know the facts). Feel free to chime in. Setters Forever

KE0YYQ

David

#20 Post by David »

Setters, I usually room with Mike Bonner. Since he isn't coming this year, I'll book a room and if you can come you can stay with me. If you can't make it, I'll have a room to myself.
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

Setters Forever

#21 Post by Setters Forever »

David,

thanks for the invite, i booked a room two months ago.

I have really been looking forward to meeting this team of derelicts, killing some paper, wine and bourbon. (Wait, shouldn't that be the name of a band?) I still may make it, but on a much poorer budget. (Less Templeton in the rear, and No Kabinett for Stack. Hell that may be the worst thing. I love my Ar and I would love to get the down and dirty from him.

KE0YYQ

steve voss

#22 Post by steve voss »

Bring the AR, pistolas, shotties, etc. We're multicultural.
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Stackbarrel16

#23 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Please by all means drop the Kabinett and come. There will be libations here!
Rand Paul 2016