NOTssmbbs.com

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:51 am 

And I shall miss them!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:28 pm 

Well you may miss me too.

Loaded the dogs into the truck for our 75 minute drive to the beach for our two hour walk and had to turn around five miles out. Something seemed desperately wrong with the engine, and of course that stupid engine light was blinking. Drove it straight to the mechanic, described the symptoms, and he said that the Fords tend to have coil problems, no worries, it would be ready in a few hours.

Well, it turned out not to be the coil, it sucked the number two piston. Eight grand for the new motor (Ford 5.7) including installation and taxes. Might put a dent in my travel budget. I will know sometime after the fifteenth of April. I have a camera for sale, with an exquisite collection of lenses if you know anyone.

First time I have ever blown an engine. Wasn't anything like NASCAR.

Oh, and Cot Less j0e (I don't know the facts). Feel free to chime in. Setters Forever

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:57 pm 

Ouch.

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:02 pm 

That was pretty much my first comment. Now after a half bottle of tequila, and more basketball than I can handle, it is still an ouch. A big one.

Oh, and Cot Less j0e (I don't know the facts). Feel free to chime in. Setters Forever

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:40 pm 

Setters, I usually room with Mike Bonner. Since he isn't coming this year, I'll book a room and if you can come you can stay with me. If you can't make it, I'll have a room to myself.

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:50 pm 

David,

thanks for the invite, i booked a room two months ago.

I have really been looking forward to meeting this team of derelicts, killing some paper, wine and bourbon. (Wait, shouldn't that be the name of a band?) I still may make it, but on a much poorer budget. (Less Templeton in the rear, and No Kabinett for Stack. Hell that may be the worst thing. I love my Ar and I would love to get the down and dirty from him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:13 pm 

Bring the AR, pistolas, shotties, etc. We're multicultural.

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:27 am 

Please by all means drop the Kabinett and come. There will be libations here!