Single Shot Shoot off

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
postoak

Single Shot Shoot off

#1 Post by postoak »

Who plans to participate ?

I shot with Brent 16 yesterday, and he did really well with his Winchester 37 - when it would fire of course :lol:

I have selected my entry - unfortunately I can't find a Manufrance Single Shot :?

But I have located a Com-Bloc shooter :wink:
"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"

steve voss

Re: Single Shot Shoot off

#2 Post by steve voss »

I've got a Winchester 1300 that won't function. Will that work?
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

postoak

#3 Post by postoak »

As long as it won't fire, I would be OK with you using it :)

kgb

#4 Post by kgb »

How about the guys with repeaters/doubles begin with just one in the chamber, have to stand on their second shell, under the forward foot, and reload from there? Or, they only get one shell to start and squadmates throw additional shells at them from 20 yards behind? No limit to how many shells can be thrown, when, or how hard. Or of what gauge. Gotta keep it sporting.
Bore, n. Shotgun enthusiast's synonym for "gauge" ; everybody else's synonym for "shotgun enthusiast." - Ed Zern

postoak

#5 Post by postoak »

How about they have to hold the spare shell in the fingers of the supporting hand ?

fourtrax

#6 Post by fourtrax »

I plan on participating. 16 ga Win 37, or 16 ga Invincible.

mbonner

#7 Post by mbonner »

No, single shot guns only!! I will be there with a matched pair of Gehas. Otherwise, someone with a Dickson would want to shoot with one shell in the left barrel. Am adament on that!!

steve voss

#8 Post by steve voss »

Mikey, I would be proud to be your loader. I know the drill.
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

M&M

#9 Post by M&M »

16 ga. Excel. Mail order copy of Iver Johnson Champion from Montgomery Wards, I believe.

I was planning on holding the second shell in between my fingers, probably on the forward hand.

Kirk, the tossing of the second shell should work, as long as you shoot cross legged from the wrong shoulder.

Having a loader sounds like a hoot. I watched JimH try to load for Wing once, hilarious.

Anyone is welcome to use this one if you want to participate.

mbonner

#10 Post by mbonner »

OK, I have a loader. Just have to find another bolt-head! If I don't find one, I can perhaps borrow someone's Cooey and have a composed pair!

postoak

#11 Post by postoak »

Are loaders within the Spirit of this stage ? :)

steve voss

#12 Post by steve voss »

If you think I can hand Mikey another gun faster than he can reload, you have no humor in you soul.

Pancho McTavish
Location: Formerly high Over the Beach at Waikiki and now high in the Ozark Mountains

#13 Post by Pancho McTavish »

I think the rules should state that the contestants shall keep their second shell inside the codpiece of their tightie-whities. Might possibley keep Tiny from digging fired shells out of the trash and sniffing them...........or not...... :shock: :lol: :lol:

kgb

#14 Post by kgb »

Any guidelines developed on this event? No tightie-whitie sniffing sounds like a good #1, but beyond that what're the ROE?
Bore, n. Shotgun enthusiast's synonym for "gauge" ; everybody else's synonym for "shotgun enthusiast." - Ed Zern

postoak

#15 Post by postoak »

I think we should have a 200 dollar Claimer rule.