Canadian Pure Rye Whiskey

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
kgb

Re: Canadian Pure Rye Whiskey

#16 Post by kgb »

Larry Brown wrote:Stew has a VERY good Gordon. But if he brings the Gordon, he might have to leave Harwood home. Not a bad trade, come to think of it. :)
I know, and I agree the trade would be worthwhile. Please pass that on to the both of them, Komrade Ilarion.
Bore, n. Shotgun enthusiast's synonym for "gauge" ; everybody else's synonym for "shotgun enthusiast." - Ed Zern

Colonel Brown

#17 Post by Colonel Brown »

The other possibility is that Harwood could come with Pumpgun Bill. Which means he'd be badly outshot . . . but then that's true of about all of us. I still remember the time--I think it may have been the very first Flatwater--when Bill broke 5 pairs in a row on one station with 5 shots.
"If one man can be allowed to determine for himself what is law, every man can. That means first chaos, then tyranny." Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter.

steve voss

#18 Post by steve voss »

I remember even better him showing you exactly what all the advantages of a Poly-choke were. :D :D
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Colonel Brown

#19 Post by Colonel Brown »

Psychological warfare! If Bill wants to mess with me, all he has to do is start fiddling with his Dial a Duck.
"If one man can be allowed to determine for himself what is law, every man can. That means first chaos, then tyranny." Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter.

steve voss

#20 Post by steve voss »

I think it was the part where he reached out and changed the choke setting between targets.
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Stackbarrel16

#21 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

On the very same squad as the 5 single shot double brakes with the same gun. We were just before the Larry Brown memorial rabbit station for the choke fun and just after it for the 5 single shot doubles. Station 10 was the chondelles we shot only coming down a zillion times with Ron White.
Rand Paul 2016

steve voss

#22 Post by steve voss »

Damn, Ron really impressed me there. He consistently broke a falling teal target about 2-3 feet off the ground at 50-60 yards. Amazing.

Colonel Brown

#23 Post by Colonel Brown »

Ron's a good shot, no question. Politics aside, I'm sure all of us there were pulling for Ron when we heard he'd had a stroke. I remember someone saying that initially, Ron hadn't been able to tell the docs who was president--at which point I'm sure we all had the same thought: he really knew it was W but just couldn't bring himself to say it.