MOTEL SOLD OUT ???

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
gold40

MOTEL SOLD OUT ???

#1 Post by gold40 »

I just tried to make room reservations (3/19), and was told the motel is sold out for the FLATWATER weekend.

Anyone have a room reserved with an extra bed that they may wish to share?

How far away is the next decent motel? Name & phone number?

Jerry Goldstein
St. Louis, MO

David

Re: MOTEL SOLD OUT ???

#2 Post by David »

Uh Oh! I am supposed to reserve a room for Mike Bonner and myself. Any Nebraska help would be appreciated.
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

David

#3 Post by David »

There is another motel in Syracuse, The Mustang Inn. It doesn't look so good on the internet. I also found a Bed & Breakfast, but no pictures or ratings.
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

Colonel Brown

#4 Post by Colonel Brown »

Must've sold out very recently. Just reserved a room yesterday. They even asked me what kind I wanted. But they did ask if it was for a wedding, so there may be another big social event in town.

Jerry, since you sold Mike Carroll that OU, which he shoots pretty well, he should be willing to share that 2nd bed with you . . .
"If one man can be allowed to determine for himself what is law, every man can. That means first chaos, then tyranny." Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter.

mbonner

#5 Post by mbonner »

Might the motel fix us up with cots for the rooms so we can increase the number of
Flatwater folks staying there? I do that when travelling with juniors

David

#6 Post by David »

Who has already booked a Flatwater room? Let's have a head count please.
David

Pancho McTavish
Location: Formerly high Over the Beach at Waikiki and now high in the Ozark Mountains

#7 Post by Pancho McTavish »

Just one minute ago I booked three rooms at the New Delhi (Syracuse) Inn with no problem. Miss Lisa at reception was just a pleasure to work with. Now I'm wondering if I really have rooms.

mbonner

#8 Post by mbonner »

David, perhaps call them for a room, and see what happens

Stackbarrel16

#9 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

? Nebraska City would be closest-15-18minutes down NE 2. Will check in and see what Motel says.
Rand Paul 2016

gold40

#10 Post by gold40 »

SCOTT,

THANKS.

JERRY

mbonner

#11 Post by mbonner »

Good Lad, Scott, thanks too!
Mikey

David

#12 Post by David »

I just called and I think I booked a room, but I can't be sure. I ask for a non-smoking double for the nights of April 27th and 28th and was told I would need to be on a waiting list. I asked if they had a block of rooms for the Flatwater group and he said oh, I thought you were with the wedding. He went ahead and took my information and said he booked the room. I'm concerned though. Scott or Steve, can you check during the day when a manager or the owner is there?
David

Pancho McTavish
Location: Formerly high Over the Beach at Waikiki and now high in the Ozark Mountains

#13 Post by Pancho McTavish »

Good idea. I did not get a feeling of good Karma while booking my rooms.

Edit: Now I don't have rooms.......well, actually, I do but they are at the Syracuse Inn in Syracuse, Kansas. The guy in Nebraska just told me to call back in the AM and that they may have a block of rooms for Flatwater.

Colonel Brown

#14 Post by Colonel Brown »

Brown and Carroll are good to go at the Sleep Inn.
"If one man can be allowed to determine for himself what is law, every man can. That means first chaos, then tyranny." Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter.

steve voss

#15 Post by steve voss »

ROOM UPDATE!

I just talked to Cindy, the Manager. David, you have a reservation. Pancho, you do not.

She also said that she has several rooms available those two nights.

Please call from 9 am to 5 pm CDT and ask for Cindy. She'll hook you up.

Phone: 402.269.2700

HTH, sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010