Paperwork

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
mbonner

Paperwork

#1 Post by mbonner »

Well, I bought a NoDak gopher hunting licence and printed off a ATF Form 6 NIA today in order to bring 3 shotguns into the US for Flatwater, so we'll hope the form arrives in time.
Are you not glad we do not make you guys go through all that when you come up for a duck or two?
I'll be bringing the forms for the Canadian Firearms PAL licence with me, so anyone who wants a Canadian Possession and Acquisition Licence to more easily import and purchase firearms and ammunition up here, I can do that.
Mikey

kgb

Re: Paperwork

#2 Post by kgb »

Shotgunning gophers? I can't even find a forum for that! Bet it'd make you into a good deer stalker after a while. Jumpy one, too, if the gopher towns harbor many rattlers.

:D
Bore, n. Shotgun enthusiast's synonym for "gauge" ; everybody else's synonym for "shotgun enthusiast." - Ed Zern

mbonner

#3 Post by mbonner »

Well, Kirk, we have gophers by the gazillion up here but no rattlers or any other poisonous snakes. It's just that the regulations say I must have a valid State Hunting licence to get the Form 6 and this gopher one is $21.00, the cheapest one NoDak has.
I have to go through this every year.

postoak

#4 Post by postoak »

America ! The (former) Land of the Free !
"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"

Colonel Brown

#5 Post by Colonel Brown »

Rockie, we gotta do something to keep all those darned Canadian terrorists on their own side of the border!
"If one man can be allowed to determine for himself what is law, every man can. That means first chaos, then tyranny." Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter.

mbonner

#6 Post by mbonner »

There is a post on the Double gun board a fellow there stalks prairie dogs and shoots them with a shotgun, he says!

David

#7 Post by David »

mbonner wrote:There is a post on the Double gun board a fellow there stalks prairie dogs and shoots them with a shotgun, he says!
We shot some with a bow in Wyoming last fall. We did run into the occasional rattle snake. I was walking past a clump of yucca and the guy I was with said to be careful. He could hear the rattler in the yucca, but I couldn't. It was the same frequency as the ringing in my ears apparently. Thats a tough problem to have in the American West.
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

mbonner

#8 Post by mbonner »

David, I have that ringing in the ears too, sitting on tractors in the old days as well as shooting with no hearing protection.
I really wish I did not have that particular affliction and would not wish it on anyone, that's for sure.

David

#9 Post by David »

mbonner wrote:David, I have that ringing in the ears too, sitting on tractors in the old days as well as shooting with no hearing protection.
I really wish I did not have that particular affliction and would not wish it on anyone, that's for sure.
Mine is from flying in small planes with the doors off. I am really careful with firearms and machinery and use ear protection whenever possible. I wish it was not like this. It is as aggravating as anything can be.
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

Pancho McTavish
Location: Formerly high Over the Beach at Waikiki and now high in the Ozark Mountains

#10 Post by Pancho McTavish »

Knees? Ears? Just can't decide which to go bionic with first! :D

postoak

#11 Post by postoak »

I hear hear pretty well, except for women and small children - I can't hear them very well.

David

#12 Post by David »

postoak wrote:I hear hear pretty well, except for women and small children - I can't hear them very well.
You also also have a tendency to repeat yourself. :lol:
David

postoak

#13 Post by postoak »

Well I have had a recent head injury.....:)

steve voss

#14 Post by steve voss »

Which head?
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

mbonner

#15 Post by mbonner »

Form 6 NIA for bringing the guns in came today, so I'm all set. All I have to remember is to keep my meds in the original bottles and not to bring any Tylenol with Codeine and hope the Homeland security forgot my last passage through!