Most Memorable Guns This Year?

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
gold40

Most Memorable Guns This Year?

#1 Post by gold40 »

SOOOO,

For those of us who were unable to attend FLATWATER this year, what were the most memorable, most unusual, or rarest SxS's this year? Any photos?

Jerry Goldstein

esetters74

Re: Most Memorable Guns This Year?

#2 Post by esetters74 »

Oulette's custom Beretta by Cole was pretty cool, first one I've ever seen with a graceful semi-pistol grip. Brad's Pape was pretty. Slowhands Cashmore was a very nice surprise, and Wingshooters recently imported Ideal was nice too, even though there was no boat in the pond to paddle around in (inside joke). :-)

With all that said, my two favorite guns were not shotguns. I am in love with DES/TSD .257 Roberts custom that isn't even finished yet...and All of the SAA's that Bluerock brought, its a shame I didnt get to pop any caps with em'. I wanted to badly!!

postoak

#3 Post by postoak »

Did anyone admire my gun, that Tiny borrowed ?
"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"

steve voss

#4 Post by steve voss »

Neither of my two faves were shotguns either. Bluerock's original Pachmeyer Combat Special and Stack's custom 6.8 EBR.
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

David

#5 Post by David »

I had a bad case of stock lust for a Model 70 stock that Dennis was showing. It was a beautiful bit of workmanship on a fabulous piece of wood. I would have loved to drop a M70 barreled action into it.
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

DES/TSD

#6 Post by DES/TSD »

David, the stock is still for sale. Customer needs funds. Dustin, thanks. I am planning on having the gun done by January. Dallas Safari Club exhibition show and tell. Thank you all for the nice comments.

My turn....I really enjoyed...... the Parker hammer gun, Cashmore double, E.M. Reilly(first time I got to see it after restoration), Ideal, and most of all.......shooting. Flatwater is the first time in years I have shot more than two shells consecutively. I enjoyed myself so much I will see ya'll next year.
Dennis Earl Smith/ ACGG Regular Member

kgb

#7 Post by kgb »

Got to shoot another hammer gun, thanks Dustin! Bluerock's double auto has a short grip, I concur it's not as comfortable as the wider profile and a green receiver must be an acquired taste. Still, fun to shoot another DA. Bob E is working on a gun I REALLY hope to see next year.

It all passed too quickly, as every year.