Flatwater photos, with captions.

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
sd/mt pga pro

Flatwater photos, with captions.

#1 Post by sd/mt pga pro »

The ceremony cannon, unlike most attendees, leaned a bit left.

Tiny forgot to bring his eyeglasses and had to get close to his work.

Which amused the Thin Man no end.

Scott lit the thing.

And others mused whether it would blow back, blow out, or fire.

After a while and to the surprise of many, the dang thing actually worked.

Twenty then gathered to examine the target.

and determined than the cannon is choked ic and patterned 90 per cent of the 4 ounces of shot at 20 yards, the maximum distance for lethal wing shooting.

I headed home Sunday morning and Monday afternoon knew that I was approaching Montana because I could see the snow from our latest weekly weekend storms on the breaks of the Little Missouri and Scenic rivers.

The road crews were busy clearing a path for me though and I enjoyed a safe return from a fine weekend of wonderful fellowship and fine guns, even though no one prepared me a plate of succulent table fare as was done for KGB's great little dog.

BC

kgb

Re: Flatwater photos, with captions.

#2 Post by kgb »

Bob, I was glad to finally meet you, the man who put up with Tiny, Steve (and Scott) for 3 years straight without snuffing any of them. Skye's working on great, so far happy just being cute, outside of trying to share MY plate which may be a new bad habit picked up over the weekend.

I've gone to North Dakota the past 3 years for Sharptails and Huns and from the first trip connected with the country. I've figured the winters are only a little colder and maybe last a little longer so I could probably live in Bismarck, but people I've spoken to who lived "up there" told me the winters aren't just a little of either, they're ALOT and it really wears on you. I can see in that last picture the snow will go quickly at this time of year, in a few weeks it'll just be a memory, but the beauty of the rest of spring, the summer and autumn have got to make it all worthwhile. Otherwise, wouldn't everyone move to Florida?

Kirk

sd/mt pga pro

#3 Post by sd/mt pga pro »

Kirk,

I would not ordinarily tell you this, but I really did find you to be a gentleman that would fit in well in this country; we tell people horror stories about the winters to keep them out.

This year's winter is the worst that any of the natives, born and raised here, can remember in the last 85 years. If the next really bad one does not hit for another 85 years, the springs and summers and the unbelievably wonderful and enjoyable Indian Summers we enjoy in the fall, will again make the normal winters most bearable.
BC

Setters Forever

#4 Post by Setters Forever »

Bob,

Very nice to see that you are making good use of that camera....
From the Love that dare not speak its' name to the Love that won't STFU, in one generation. PostOak

Oh, and Cot Less j0e (I don't know the facts). Feel free to chime in. Setters Forever

KE0YYQ