Did everybody make it home Ok

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
pooch

Did everybody make it home Ok

#1 Post by pooch »

My first trip to Flatwater. It was even better then advertised. Great food and a gracious host but more then that it was the people there that made it great, the people of this site. I'm darned lucky to be able to be in such good company. Now how about checking in so we know you are ok. Please!
Pooch and wingshooter made it home ok.
By the time I finally discovered the answers, I had forgotten the questions.

Bob Egbert

Re: Did everybody make it home Ok

#2 Post by Bob Egbert »

With stops for BBQ in Kansas City and numerous rest room breaks, the Springfield, MO crew made it back home about 5 o'clock.

steve voss

#3 Post by steve voss »

I just hung up the phone with Crandall. He is pulling into his driveway as I type this. He left my house at 6am yesterday, it must have been the trip from hell. He said he'd put up some photos after he gets caught up a bit.

I'm just glad he's home safe.
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Colonel Brown

#4 Post by Colonel Brown »

Iowegian/Cheddarhead element of the Iowa detachment home safe. And it's about 30 degrees colder in northern WI than the high temp at Flatwater. Nice to visit the Southland again, renew old acquaintances, make a few new ones. And I only had one bad round on that stupid chondelle! (But it was really bad!)
"If one man can be allowed to determine for himself what is law, every man can. That means first chaos, then tyranny." Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter.

David

#5 Post by David »

Home again. I sure enjoyed seeing everyone and meeting new friends.
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

M&M

#6 Post by M&M »

I made it about 1 am.

Slowhand

#7 Post by Slowhand »

Home for about 12 hours; was good to sleep in my own bed and minus the wedding party.
Off to St. Louis at 0430 today for a week of business meetings but in great disposition as a result of sharing Flatwater with friends!
Pete

fourtrax

#8 Post by fourtrax »

Got home about 6 PM Sunday.

sd/mt pga pro

#9 Post by sd/mt pga pro »

I made it in today around 2:00 PM. Fought horrendous winds and rain across SD. There was several big rigs off the road because of side wind loads and I nearly lost it twice.

The storm that hit Friday while we were enjoying ourselves, knocked out the electrical grid in Williston. They had no electricity until early this evening, when partial service was back on line.

The folks from Williston stripped the stores in Sidney, Tioga and Watford City of nearly everything Sunday, after the "emergency travel only" closures were lifted. They also pumped all the gasoline farm tanks in the three cities, dry . No water, no heat for many, no lights, no gas, no food, no businesses opened, no ATMs, no nothing that required electricity to function. When the Walmart store in Williston opened this evening they refused to let anyone into the checkout lines with goods not necessary for basic needs; food, blankets jerry cans medicines, etc.

Now all three cities' stores and gas stations are waiting for delivery trucks to roll in to restock.

My wife put up several women from work and with small children Sunday and this morning, so it was probably best that it took me so long to get home. People who were scheduled to pick up their dogs, had to leave them here and the women did yeoman's work caring for 23 of them. Barrie waived Sunday's and today's board bills. They would have been here to get them if they could have and we are all neighbors. I am proud of her.

As soon as I could see the Little Missouri Scenic river breaks I saw snow. From Baker to Glendive there was nearly 100 percent ground cover with 8 or 10 inches of the white stuff. Wibeaux was clearing their streets with D8 Cats. Here in Sidney we had mostly ice with this storm and the 5 inches of snow has nearly melted.

I will post Flatwater photos tomorrow. Good night all. I had a grand time.
BC

DES/TSD

#10 Post by DES/TSD »

Got home at 3 PM today. Stopped at the folks in WA state for a visit on the way home. Wind across WY was firm and had the van down to 45 MPH at one point outside Green River.
Dennis Earl Smith/ ACGG Regular Member

kgb

#11 Post by kgb »

DES/TSD wrote: Wind across WY was firm and had the van down to 45 MPH at one point outside Green River.
What'd that give you for mileage? :)

David

#12 Post by David »

kgb wrote:
DES/TSD wrote: Wind across WY was firm and had the van down to 45 MPH at one point outside Green River.
What'd that give you for mileage? :)
I had a strong tail wind on the way to Flatwater. I got 18 mpg in a V8 Landy. Unheard of! It wasn't that way on the return trip. :?
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

DES/TSD

#13 Post by DES/TSD »

Believe it or not....the lowest MPG for the trip....20.4. Once I figured out putting your foot into the pedal was fruitless...sit back and enjoy the ride. The wind soon became a non-factor. Once I started down the grade from Evanston, WY into to UT the wind allowed the mileage to go back up to 26+

sd/mt pga pro

#14 Post by sd/mt pga pro »

That '08 Ford Expedition provided 18.5 going to the shindig and against a 40 gusting to 50 mph headwind going home, produced 16.6 and that was with the cruise control set to read 80MPH on the GPS on both legs of the trip.
BC

DES/TSD

#15 Post by DES/TSD »

ROLL ON BOB!!!!