Breaking news

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Lou B.

Re: Breaking news

#16 Post by Lou B. »

A good ribeye can, I hear, be pretty good.

I've tried only a few of them, and have had such bad luck that I won't order them anymore. Still prefer the taste of a strip.
If you believe in what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe but yourself. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Remember Charles Simeon.

Colonel Brown

#17 Post by Colonel Brown »

Lou, you're confusing things. (Comes with age, and I'm not that far behind you!) We're not talking about enjoying strip JOINTS here.

I used to have a USAFR Air Weather Detachment provide forecasting support to our USAR unit. Does that mean we'll have better luck with weather if we rely on Kirk for the forecast? Nope, come to think of it, no good. Those Air Weather guys were wrong about half the time. Prolly because they were forecasting the weather on an Army installation.
"If one man can be allowed to determine for himself what is law, every man can. That means first chaos, then tyranny." Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter.

Lou B.

#18 Post by Lou B. »

Larry Brown wrote:Lou, you're confusing things. (Comes with age, and I'm not that far behind you!) We're not talking about enjoying strip JOINTS here.

I used to have a USAFR Air Weather Detachment provide forecasting support to our USAR unit. Does that mean we'll have better luck with weather if we rely on Kirk for the forecast? Nope, come to think of it, no good. Those Air Weather guys were wrong about half the time. Prolly because they were forecasting the weather on an Army installation.
I knew I'd make a mistake that would let you creep in...creep.
If you believe in what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe but yourself. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Remember Charles Simeon.

kgb

#19 Post by kgb »

Is that what a spook converts to when he leaves the dark side, a creep? That wasn't in the fine print.

If it's up to me it will rain. If it does, I don't have to leave at lunchtime on Saturday. I can shoot in the rain. No worse than under blue skies, either.

steve voss

#20 Post by steve voss »

The best part of Flatwater is in the clubhouse anyway.
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

wingshooter

#21 Post by wingshooter »

kgb wrote: If it's up to me it will rain. If it does, I don't have to leave at lunchtime on Saturday. I can shoot in the rain. No worse than under blue skies, either.

Dibs on your steak.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

Cogs

#22 Post by Cogs »

I had really wished to make it this year, but I have a wedding to attend this Friday, so I’m in a bit of a bind. Nevertheless, I wish you all well and hope to see you next year!

Stackbarrel16

#23 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

The Committee can continue a fine until the offender attends. Of course interest and penalties apply to the fine for non attendance...

It's all there in the fine print. For example the committee may purchase a single cut known as a "charcoal steak" in lieu of the regular fare for a single individual when they do "reattend".
Rand Paul 2016

Joe Cool

#24 Post by Joe Cool »

Oh no!!

With penalties and interest, it sounds like you are gonna offer me a Spam sandwich if I ever come up again! :shock: :lol:

You would not do that to a pal, would you, oh great and generous Czar and Pharoah of the Flatwater Table??

Atticus

PS As Czar, I just wanted to clarify...you were not appointed to the post by Obama were you?? :?: :?: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :P :P
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

steve voss

#25 Post by steve voss »

Not Czar, Kommissar.

You can have spam the next weekend, we've got plenty. :D
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Joe Cool

#26 Post by Joe Cool »

Uhhh...who is the Nebraska Spam Kommisar? Just askin'... Don't want to offend the one who controls the "haute cuisine" up there! :lol: :P
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Bluerock Brimley

#27 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

Atticus Finch wrote:Uhhh...who is the Nebraska Spam Kommisar? ...
....I thought you told me that everything that Voss emailed to you was considered SPAM????
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

Joe Cool

#28 Post by Joe Cool »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He thinks the same thing about everything I email to him!! YOU probably think the same thing about my lil' ol' messages, don't you? :lol: