Water, water everywhere.......

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
mbonner

Water, water everywhere.......

#1 Post by mbonner »

Seems flood water has closed I 29 between Fargo and Grand Forks. Last year I had to drive through 4" to 6" of water on the highway in many places. Of concern with with a small 1988 Mazda RX7 convertible with not much free-board!
I wonder how high the water will be if I was able to join you fellows on the appointed weekend? I probably would have packed my waterwings.
Good thing I'll be working with my Hunter Ed kids that weekend so there will be a payoff.
Damn, I sure hope I can make it next year! Hope one day they can make Easter an annual fixed weekend, as a good Catholic I really can't see a problem with that in this day and age. Really.
It sure messed up my Flatwater attendance this year.
Mikey

esetters74

Re: Water, water everywhere.......

#2 Post by esetters74 »

Mike...can't you reschedule your hunters safety class??? C'mon man. :x Kids are patient, adults much less so. We want you at Flatwater, so get your limey ass down there! :wink:

Digger

#3 Post by Digger »

Now if I remember, on I 29 they let you drive into the water and if your car stalls they push you thru with a big state truck with lowered bumpers? :roll:
I think you mean "tumblers"
The shell you buy, the gun you shoot, the size of the bore or the clerk at the store telling you what you should do doesn't determine your actions, ethics or ability.

mbonner

#4 Post by mbonner »

Bumper would have to be very low to push on my RX7 rear bumper, Digger!
Can't reschedule the kids' Hunter Ed, Dustin, it's the only weekend we can do it, between hockey and ball, and have been doing it for years.
A late Easter really messed me up. I was so looking forward to Flatwater, too.
Mikey

Colonel Brown

#5 Post by Colonel Brown »

Water all over this part of WI as well--including over my driveway. Gone down significantly now, but my causeway's in bad shape.
"If one man can be allowed to determine for himself what is law, every man can. That means first chaos, then tyranny." Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter.