introduction

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Rob Ouellette

introduction

#1 Post by Rob Ouellette »

I am saying hello to all of you. I have been reading your posts since the board was started, and before then at the other board. Never registered (usually try to keep a low profile) but usually interested in what was being discussed and the personalities behind the posts.

I have a 70 year old father, not in the best of health, and unwilling to hook up to the Internet. I have routinely printed some of the threads and mailed them to him to read and he typically enjoys the back and forth. Anyways, for years I have taken him on an annual shooting trip; he tells me where he wants to go and I take him there. Over time, he has shot less and less because of the cumulative effects of strokes and cancer, but likes hanging out and watching the shooting.

This year, he tells me he wants to go to the Flatwater shoot. So we're coming to Nebraska.

I don't know any of you folks, but I look forward to shaking hands and saying hello. And hopefully, we'll get my dad to do a little shooting with people he feels comfortable.

See everyone in a few weeks.

Rob

steve voss

Re: introduction

#2 Post by steve voss »

Rob, we'll try to see to it you both have a good time. Where are you coming from?
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Lou B.

#3 Post by Lou B. »

Well, Rob, I have 8 years on your dad, and stumble around a bit myself, but if I get there, I'll sure look forward to talking with him, and, hopefully, firing off a bullet or two with him.
If you believe in what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe but yourself. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Remember Charles Simeon.

Rob Ouellette

#4 Post by Rob Ouellette »

My father lives in Detroit and I iive in Columbus, Ohio. I will go pick him up and then fly into Omaha Thursday evening. I've never been to Nebraska (he used to travel to Iowa for pheasant) and neither has he. He's looking forward to the trip.

kgb

#5 Post by kgb »

Rob, it's an easy trip from Omaha at only about an hour's drive. Both of you should have a great time and I think you'll be glad he chose it as your annual shoot.

Kirk

Brent XVI'er

#6 Post by Brent XVI'er »

I hope I'll get to meet you both and hoist a dram for all the fathers past and present. :D
The joys of shooting a 16 bore are only realized when you do it.

Rob Ouellette

#7 Post by Rob Ouellette »

Brent:

Looking forward to meeting you. Based upon your tagline, we'll get along just fine. I'll be the guy with the 16 gauge M21, which was a birthday gift from my father a long time ago.

Rob

Ole Cowboy

#8 Post by Ole Cowboy »

Rob, you won't be the only guy there with a 16 Ga. Model 21. There were at least two of us there last year. I'm hoping to be there again if something unforeseen doesn't keep me from it. Maybe we can make up a 16/21 squad. :wink:

Rob Ouellette

#9 Post by Rob Ouellette »

I'd be honored to be in that squad; my dad and you would have plenty to talk about, being M21 fans and all. I grew up looking at his collection of M21s.

Pancho McTavish
Location: Formerly high Over the Beach at Waikiki and now high in the Ozark Mountains

#10 Post by Pancho McTavish »

Any body want to explain the Flatwater squad system to Rob? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ole Cowboy

#11 Post by Ole Cowboy »

:lol: Well, it is a bit ambiguous! :wink: Anywhere from one to to four or more with unspecified numbers of cleanup backers that generally have sinister intentions! :P

Lou B.

#12 Post by Lou B. »

Some of us have experienced that style...can be lots of fun.

I've seen a half dozen in a raised station, with two on the ground on one side, and at least three on the other. Nothing like it.
If you believe in what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe but yourself. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Remember Charles Simeon.

Pancho McTavish
Location: Formerly high Over the Beach at Waikiki and now high in the Ozark Mountains

#13 Post by Pancho McTavish »

I guess it could be described as a mega-squad at times. The important thing to remember is that it's a lot of fun! :D :D

steve voss

#14 Post by steve voss »

Can't tell the shooters without a scorecard...
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010