What are you bringing?

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Ole Cowboy

Re: What are you bringing?

#16 Post by Ole Cowboy »

postoak wrote:Hey now .......
No, Brent will make you wait! :P

Bluerock Brimley

#17 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

Anybody interested in handgun show & tell?
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

steve voss

#18 Post by steve voss »

Uh, hell yes.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Ole Cowboy

#19 Post by Ole Cowboy »

Most everyone is packing anyway! :wink:

steve voss

#20 Post by steve voss »

It's a very polite crowd. :D

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

sd/mt pga pro

#21 Post by sd/mt pga pro »

Hell with polite. If I have to go some place where I would feel the need to be armed, I want the hog leg out in the open, so every grimy little prick can see it. Then if he is stupid, no one can say the poor misguided soul was uninformed.
BC

Ole Cowboy

#22 Post by Ole Cowboy »

:lol: Very well said, Bob! :wink:

BTW, Best I remember, there were some out in the open last year.

steve voss

#23 Post by steve voss »

sd/mt pga pro wrote:Hell with polite. If I have to go some place where I would feel the need to be armed....
Bob, I never know where that place is going to be, so I carry ALL the time.

sv

kgb

#24 Post by kgb »

Just got off the phone with Larry, I'll bring pies...and more of them this time including gooseberry, plus a bottle of I-don't-know-what-yet.

Actually I was expecting to be standing in front of a liquor store in Iowa this morning, waiting for a truck with Templeton to show up, but the storms halted the deliveries. They sent out some in December and I'm not sure when they'll ship more. Next Wednesday, shortly before 8am, I'll give it another shot. Hopefully it won't be so cold, and the roads will allow OTR travel!

Guess I'll bring the 1861 Navy again...this time with projectiles, propellant and caps. You guys with suppository guns just THINK you "pop a cap."

Bluerock Brimley

#25 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

I don't like the direction that this conversation is going---
First we had:
...My Parker 16 Condom
now we get this:
...every grimy little prick can see...
... suppository guns...
...try as you might, I don't think that you'll lure Magas into attending.

(sorry Pete, couldn't resist the set up :oops: )
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

mbonner

#26 Post by mbonner »

Digger, the Canadian Firearms licence is good for 5 years. As I said I ran some USA International Trap shooters through the course so ease of entry to Canada for them.
Takes about 30 minutes for you guys to challenge the course, you just write the exam.
Mike

kgb

#27 Post by kgb »

Only 7 degrees this morning, but it was ABOVE zero and the oil pressure almost came up normally in the truck! No delivery of Templeton at the first stop, but word was a whole case (6 bottles) was delivered to a store across town. Bad news, I was the 4th person told about this! A little mad, mad, mad, mad driving and I made it in time to pick up the second-to-last bottle. Next store wasn't expecting the truck until 11:00am, so this gave me time to stop by the shop that set up some 4.30:1 gears for my drag racer and catch up on the approaching new season. Back to the checkout counter at 10:50 and this time a case of 5 bottles (hmm, wonder what happened in the back room?) arrived on the pallet jack so I got the second bottle at the register to cover promised bottles for this year. Also picked up some Mezza Corona wines, I had a really good red at an Italian Restaurant in St. Louis in 1995 and I hope the Cabernet Sauvignon I bought is comparable.

kgb

Lou B.

#28 Post by Lou B. »

Corngradulations!

Hope your memory is good on the reds.
If you believe in what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe but yourself. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Remember Charles Simeon.

kgb

#29 Post by kgb »

Rye, thank you very much, Lou!

Only one Cabernet bottle, the other's a Moscato. First one of those I've bought, although we had one at a wine tasting dinner not too long ago.

mbonner

#30 Post by mbonner »

Good idea, I'll see if I can find a good Canadian red, yes, they do exist, with the Alberta Springs Canadian Pure Rye whiskey for the sideboard.
I did test drive a bottle of the latter and it's not too shabby! You will not be disappointed!
Mikey