Check the Flatwater 2011 post!

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
steve voss

Re: Check the Flatwater 2011 post!

#46 Post by steve voss »

This year's dates are set in stone for just that weekend......we's just funnin' now.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Stackbarrel16

#47 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Bob, just come that weekend and bring that empty .264 Brass. Better yet send it ahead and take it home full.
Rand Paul 2016

Ole Cowboy

#48 Post by Ole Cowboy »

Hell, what wrong with Derby Day? You have to be somewhere when you watch it, why not at Flatwater? Post time is 5:00 PM or so (give or take), so after a day of shooting, there's plenty of time to start the Derby party with mint juleps and watch the race.

Pancho McTavish
Location: Formerly high Over the Beach at Waikiki and now high in the Ozark Mountains

#49 Post by Pancho McTavish »

Wait a minute now. I just bought a $1000 ticket so I can be there 29-30 April and 1 May! :shock:

David

#50 Post by David »

Well Bob, I'll be there that weekend too. If I have to, I'll cook the steaks. :lol: :lol:
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

Rufus Scout

#51 Post by Rufus Scout »

steve voss wrote:Once again, the first Saturday in May is Derby Day!!

sv
Right, numbnuts. That would be May 7th. :roll:
"If you pick a Glock over a 1911 you are a commie." Bigtex

Pancho McTavish
Location: Formerly high Over the Beach at Waikiki and now high in the Ozark Mountains

#52 Post by Pancho McTavish »

Rufus Scout wrote:
steve voss wrote:Once again, the first Saturday in May is Derby Day!!

sv
Right, numbnuts. That would be May 7th. :roll:
I'll bet Ol' Numbnuts knows exactly when Derby Day is!
:lol:

Colonel Brown

#53 Post by Colonel Brown »

If he didn't, Miss Connie would certainly remind him.
"If one man can be allowed to determine for himself what is law, every man can. That means first chaos, then tyranny." Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter.

steve voss

#54 Post by steve voss »

Ole Cowboy wrote:Hell, what wrong with Derby Day? You have to be somewhere when you watch it, why not at Flatwater? Post time is 5:00 PM or so (give or take), so after a day of shooting, there's plenty of time to start the Derby party with mint juleps and watch the race.
Don, Let's just say I have plans on Derby Day!

You are invited along with about 100 others. :D

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

sd/mt pga pro

#55 Post by sd/mt pga pro »

Ah, a table of Loretto Kentucky's finest, pulled pork and deviled eggs. If I wasn't planning on being in Louisville on the 7Th.....Ky Celt if all works right, this the year to take in the races as we talked about a half a decade ago.
BC

steve voss

#56 Post by steve voss »

Bob, why don't you join us for Flatwater on your way down. There's always room for another shooter in this big old house. :D

sv

sd/mt pga pro

#57 Post by sd/mt pga pro »

Steve, That is a generous offer and maybe I can work it to take that much time away from here.

Barrie and my sister-in-law both have to take time off so that I can get away. The boarders have already reserved out the days around Easter and into May and my brother's eyes are deteriorating badly. They have him scheduled for cataract surgery for the one eye he still has sight in. We are hopeful that the ens implant will benefit his sight in that eye.

I want to see another Derby from track side and I want to make the Flatwater, but I have to work around many responsibilities, mine and others.

I don't remember whether I told you about my brother, but he lost employability with glaucoma, which has taken his right eye's sight.

To give him a livelihood and allow him to remain productive and self sufficient, Barrie and I bought a house in town for him and his wife to live in and put him to work here in the kennel. Since he is not a trainer, we have put a full push on developing the boarding business and have enjoy great success at doing so. Now all the responsibilities and practices involved with any successful business must be adhered to, including being open when our customers need us and the absolute care responsibilies of sheltering and the welfare of 25 to 30 dogs at any one time.
BC

steve voss

#58 Post by steve voss »

Bob,

I hadn't known that about your brother. Does he show up at 4am to air the dogs, or are you still doing that?

Bring Miss Barrie with you and we'll throw Mike out of the "Tiny Suite."

sv

sd/mt pga pro

#59 Post by sd/mt pga pro »

He did during the summer, but since I am here and he would have to drive out in sub zero temps I air them in the early morn during the winter months.

That dang power plant still fires up their turbines at 3:55 waking the dogs and me. Nice in the summer because I can either train before the heat sets in or I can run the Yellowstone at first light for walleyes. Not so swell when the warmth of the bed covers are a siren.
BC

steve voss

#60 Post by steve voss »

Not quite. The turbine wakes the dogs and then the dogs wake you. Remember, the bedroom I usually stay in faces the plant. If it doesn't wake me up, it doesn't wake you up on the other side of the house and no hearing aids in. :twisted:

sv