The First Flatwater Topic of 2011

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Cogs

Re: The First Flatwater Topic of 2011

#46 Post by Cogs »

I hope to attend this year, as I have always wanted to. I have had some difficulty recently with sores on my feet, which my wife is bitching at me to see my doctor about. I usually take care of most medical stuff myself, but this is starting to slow me down. I my have to face facts and see a real doctor; no problem, I’ll deal with it, as I have quite a few doctor friends (all Republicans).

I own no special guns as I shoot a simple 16 ga. Uggie, and I also own a 110+ year-old 12 ga. Hopkins & Allen; it sits above my fireplace in my den; I sold my old 16 ga. Fox Model B. Though I have always wanted to own a Cogswell & Harrison (my namesake), I doubt that will ever happen.

But, I would like to simply meet, in person, the people I have met on this BBS. Though I have been politically involved over the past few years; I have no desire or interest in preaching a philosophy; believe it or not, it does get tiring. I simply think it would be enjoyable to get together with some good people.

I hope to make it and I hope to see you all. I promise to bring a bottle of something quite expensive. I hate driving so I may have to borrow somebody’s Gulfstream. No big deal; I’ll work it out.

Stackbarrel16

#47 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Ride with Brown, he's up your way now.
Rand Paul 2016

Pancho McTavish
Location: Formerly high Over the Beach at Waikiki and now high in the Ozark Mountains

#48 Post by Pancho McTavish »

Now that he's one of the good guys, I'd love to see Merkster Dave at Flatwater this year! How 'bout it Dave? :D

David

#49 Post by David »

We need more Davids at Flatwater. If we try, we can catch up to the Bobs. Whadaya say Merk? :wink:
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

Cogs

#50 Post by Cogs »

Stackbarrel16 wrote:Ride with Brown, he's up your way now.
Brown's got a Gulfstream?

postoak

#51 Post by postoak »

Mike, I am surprised at what you said about my Friend Don. I know you two have your differences, but Dammit you are both friends of mine, you both know that; so please be civil to each other if my friendship means Jack squat to y'all.
"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"

Stackbarrel16

#52 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

OK Tim bring Gorf.
Rand Paul 2016

Pancho McTavish
Location: Formerly high Over the Beach at Waikiki and now high in the Ozark Mountains

#53 Post by Pancho McTavish »

I have a hell of a time remembering who's who after Flatwater when it comes to their on line nomes de plume. Think I'll bring a stack of those little "Hello My Name Is" stickers! :lol: :lol: :lol:

steve voss

#54 Post by steve voss »

My name is Inigo Montoya......

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

DES/TSD

#55 Post by DES/TSD »

Just as long as you don't resemble Fezzic.....that would be OK...but I would love to see you shoot trap or skeet with his rock throwing skills! Yeh, with three daughters grown and five granddaughters, we own the movie. They love it. As you wish, my little one!
Dennis Earl Smith/ ACGG Regular Member

Brent XVI'er

#56 Post by Brent XVI'er »

Wing, what did Don do to piss you off? What's up with the negative vibes?
The joys of shooting a 16 bore are only realized when you do it.

John

#57 Post by John »

What are the dates for Flat Water 2011????????
"macht nichts"

steve voss

#58 Post by steve voss »

April 29 - May 1. Starts early afternoon on Friday, usually starts breaking up early afternoon on Sunday.
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Colonel Brown

#59 Post by Colonel Brown »

Stackbarrel16 wrote:OK Tim bring Gorf.
Neither of us has a Gulf Stream. I'll have to see if Gorf has any interest. I think he'd enjoy it, and everyone would enjoy him. My trip, now that I've more than doubled my travel distance, will almost certainly be a 2-stage deal, stopping to see friends and family in IA either coming or going, or both.
"If one man can be allowed to determine for himself what is law, every man can. That means first chaos, then tyranny." Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter.

Lou B.

#60 Post by Lou B. »

I'm not going to make it...too far and too long to drive alone, and a possible co-op flying trip hasn't panned out.

Have a great time.
If you believe in what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe but yourself. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Remember Charles Simeon.