The First Flatwater Topic of 2011

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
kgb

Re: The First Flatwater Topic of 2011

#31 Post by kgb »

Just got two cases of Yuengling 12oz cans, will bring this year for any who want them.

mbonner

#32 Post by mbonner »

Be good to see you again, Digger! I have 2 Skeet Girl frig magnets left from last 2 years, I'll make a point of sticking them on the frig for you.
But can we have a decision on the dates? Easter is a best time for family vistation and church, but a poor choice for a shoot, weekend before or after??
Mikey

postoak

#33 Post by postoak »

kgb wrote:Just got two cases of Yuengling 12oz cans, will bring this year for any who want them.
Kirk and I are set, the rest of you is on your own ! :wink:
"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"

steve voss

#34 Post by steve voss »

Six each? Pussies!

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Ole Cowboy

#35 Post by Ole Cowboy »

postoak wrote:
kgb wrote:Just got two cases of Yuengling 12oz cans, will bring this year for any who want them.
Kirk and I are set, the rest of you is on your own ! :wink:
Yeah, Rockie, everyone knows better than to drink the horse piss that you call beer! :P

Digger

#36 Post by Digger »

Why didn't you tell me that before. :?
I think you mean "tumblers"
The shell you buy, the gun you shoot, the size of the bore or the clerk at the store telling you what you should do doesn't determine your actions, ethics or ability.

DES/TSD

#37 Post by DES/TSD »

All right.....IF I decide to come to Flatwater....all of the friendly banter between friends gets confusing for a newbeeeee to the event. Please confirm what date it will be. Scott, Tiny says to have you give a definite answer. I don't remember your handle here on the board to send this question in a PM. It is 1800+ miles one way and I need to do some planning to attend.

Dennis Earl Smith
The Stock Doctor
Dennis Earl Smith/ ACGG Regular Member

steve voss

#38 Post by steve voss »

DES,

I can answer all that for you. Scott goes by Stackbarrel16 around here. The FIRM dates are April 29-May 1.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

DES/TSD

#39 Post by DES/TSD »

Current plans are to leave April 27 for Flatwater. I will bring a van full of "interesting" things. Not only guns. No alcohol....makes me physically ill for some reason....learned that lesson really early in life. God willing, I will not be late.

steve voss

#40 Post by steve voss »

I'm looking forward to meeting you, Dennis. I really like the wrist work you did on Tiny's Arrietta. Plus you'll probably be tagged as a designated driver. We appreciate them very much.

sv

postoak

#41 Post by postoak »

Dennis I am looking forward to meeting you.
"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"

Pancho McTavish
Location: Formerly high Over the Beach at Waikiki and now high in the Ozark Mountains

#42 Post by Pancho McTavish »

Fantastic Dennis! Looking forward to seeing you again.

Bob

DES/TSD

#43 Post by DES/TSD »

Thank you all for the welcome.

wingshooter

#44 Post by wingshooter »

sd/mt pga pro wrote:You know...I have never heard a complaint about the food at The Flatwater, so surely you all mean that an extra set of hands will be handy and not that they would be welcomed to improve the table fare. :wink: :P :)

Have I ever told you fellas about the cooking duties at a old elk camp west of here a piece? Custom is that straws are drawn to see who cooks during the hunt. Anyone who complains about the food becomes the new cook.

One of the guys who drew the straw was a bit pissed at having to cook rather than hunt, so he went out into the pasture and found a cow pie. Warmed up, it was served for dinner. One old boy spit it out and screamed that it tasted like cow shit. And then wisely stated that it was just about the best tasting cow shit ever.
You are more gracious than bad Moody deserves, Bob. Perhaps Ole Cowpie will stay home and improve the Flatwater weekend for everyone. But there is some cause to cut him a little slack, since he stated here on the board that his wife cut him off years ago. Would explain a lot.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

David

#45 Post by David »

Hey, Don may sometimes be a curmudgeon, but he's OUR curmudgeon. Ole Cowboy, I'm looking forward to seeing you again at Flatwater. And the rest of you guys too.
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/