The First Flatwater Topic of 2011

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
David

The First Flatwater Topic of 2011

#1 Post by David »

Okay, I know that today is still 2010, but I wanted to be the first to post a Flatwater 2011 topic. Besides, does anyone look down the Board Index this far? Let's name those people we want to come to Flatwater 2011. There are a number of people I would like to see at Flatwater, but for now I want Boz03 to make it. What do you all say?
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

steve voss

Re: The First Flatwater Topic of 2011

#2 Post by steve voss »

+1 on Boz and add Amarillo Slim and Pooch.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Pancho McTavish
Location: Formerly high Over the Beach at Waikiki and now high in the Ozark Mountains

#3 Post by Pancho McTavish »

Add........Bob Crandall and MR Byrd!

David

#4 Post by David »

and Rufus and Cogs among others. I hope they scroll down here to the Flatwater Forum. :wink:
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

M. R. Byrd

#5 Post by M. R. Byrd »

Pancho McTavish wrote:Add........Bob Crandall and MR Byrd!
Thank you kind sir! And I consider it an honor to be mentioned in the same breath with Bob Crandall.

I have my 2011 planner on the wall. Would the date this year be April 23rd?
Maynard Reece Byrd
M. R. Byrd Outdoors
Athlon Riflescopes
Dodge City

sd/mt pga pro

#6 Post by sd/mt pga pro »

Thank you. I feel the same being mentioned with you.
BC

Stackbarrel16

#7 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

I'd like Luckydog to come out. Steve Atkinson, Utah Shotgunner and Utah always come to mind on this topic too. Rufus has "considered it" for years....:lol:

Pete can come too, and has been asked I'll extend the invite again this year-Pete you're invited.
Rand Paul 2016

wingshooter

#8 Post by wingshooter »

Naldo and Chuck Wilson
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

mbonner

#9 Post by mbonner »

I was looking back on 2010 postings, I would like to see you all again and Boz especially, he is such a gent! Plan on bringing some nice old guns (paper weights) with me.
I had a tough time at the border last year, I hope things go a but more smoothly this year. We can buy, over the counter up here Tylenol with Codeine. So the Agricultural Office asks me if I have any of that. I said yes and produce a bottle from my bag, and it seems that commodity is prohibited in the USA. So I say fine, where is the toilet, I'll flush them away and you can observe.
No way, they say, you'll have to take the pills back to Canada, you can't flush them away in the US!
Well, I said, if I drive back to Canada they will charge me duty on the liter of Vodka in my car I just bought at the Duty-Free, can I walk back to Canada?
Yes, they said, we will be watching you to make sure you don't dump those pills on the ground in the USA. And take your passport with you, you will need it to re-enter America.
I enter the Canada Customs post and the girl officer is giggling and the men smirking, they were expecting me. She hold out a waste bin for the pills and then fills out a "Certificate of Abandonment", a form about 12"x18", which I have to sign, and plod 200 yards back to America, give them the form and show my passport and have to go through the entry rigmarole again.
There is a bit more to this story involving educating a sceptical US Homeland Security Officer on English black powder proof marks for the antique gun, he Googled them up on his official computer. He said, while doing so, "take a seat, you'll be here a while, we're searching your car!"
Mikey

Ronaldo

#10 Post by Ronaldo »

I sure would like to come. At this point it's not entirely out of the question but it's iffy at best. My wife and I had to close our magazine a few months ago and it's been very tight lately. She's still looking for a job. I, however, landed a nice gig selling BMW's at the largest BMW store in the region, most of the first couple of months here have been spent in training but I'm starting to "move some metal" as they say and this might actually turn into a living.

Every year I think about how much I'd love to go and see you all. And one year that will definitely happen. I'm just not sure yet that it's this year. My fingers remain crossed though!
"The way to a womans heart, is not through her mothers privates."

[i]- Denny Crane[/i]

[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/Naldo1264/conlake.jpg[/img]

wingshooter

#11 Post by wingshooter »

If your fingers remain as crossed as Voss' eyes on Saturday night, you'll make it for sure.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

Setters Forever

#12 Post by Setters Forever »

I am planning on this year. Not much of a shooter but I can cook with the best. Looking forward to meeting the folks I have come to love when I go online.....
From the Love that dare not speak its' name to the Love that won't STFU, in one generation. PostOak

Oh, and Cot Less j0e (I don't know the facts). Feel free to chime in. Setters Forever

KE0YYQ

Colonel Brown

#13 Post by Colonel Brown »

I'll throw in a 3rd, 4th, whatever for Boz. And having met Pete, and knowing that he's just a big old teddy bear in person, it'd be good if he'd make it. Bob Crandall also . . . since I didn't get out to hunt with him this year.
"If one man can be allowed to determine for himself what is law, every man can. That means first chaos, then tyranny." Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter.

Lou B.

#14 Post by Lou B. »

It sounds intriguing...

Has a date been chosen?

I see April 23rd mentioned, but if that's the case, I can't make it, as that is Easter Weekend.
If you believe in what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe but yourself. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Remember Charles Simeon.

mbonner

#15 Post by mbonner »

Setters, I can assure you that you will be in good company if you are not much of a shooter, howver your culinary skills
can be put to good use!
Mikey