Flatwater absence

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
boz03

Flatwater absence

#1 Post by boz03 »

Gentlemen, I had planned to come, but my bladder started bleeding again for the second time, resulting in clots plugging up the system.
After another, in the hospital, the Doc advised "no way" was I to travel that far. I am feeling fine now, but am restricted to no riding lawn mowers, lifting 5 lbs, limited bending,and etc. Had wife drive me to northern MI, where I was able to observe sharptails on their leks. Stopping for 10 minutes on the hour to rest and walk, while traveling
was a pain.

I missed seeing and visiting with all the regular members, as well as meeting the new ones. I am sure there were some beatiful guns on display.

I, also missed meeting "Miss Connie", and seeing Hink's youngster.

Mike, I had looked forward to shaking your hand and congratulating you on the pronghorn.

I am allready planning on next year.

Bill

steve voss

#2 Post by steve voss »

Bill, Miss Connie asked after you and was distressed you couldn't make it, as were all of us. We will pray for your complete recovery and look forward to seeing you next year.

Be Well, sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

mbonner

#3 Post by mbonner »

Sorry you missed Flatwater, Bill, hope to see you next year,
God be with you.
Mikey

Stackbarrel16

#4 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

You were missed Bill. Get well and we will see you next year.
Rand Paul 2016

postoak

#5 Post by postoak »

Bill it is so good to hear from you, may God bless you my friend.
"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"

Joe Cool

Flatwater

#6 Post by Joe Cool »

Bill, ol' pal!! SO PLEASED you are on the mend! The shoot was just not the same without your smilin' face! Will look forward to seeing you at the next shoot.

Meantime, what is the word on the CATS?? The HOGS are having a good spring practice season so far...offence still hitting on all cylinders and defense improving over last year. I'd think we'd have a chance to "run the table" in the SEC West, but there are those PESKY folks from Tuscaloosa who are defending national champs. Yikes!

BTW...we picked up a rabid new HOG fan at Flatwater! Bill Layman has renounced sin and the devil to join the happy RAZORBACK faithful!! 8) :lol: :shock:
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

sd/mt pga pro

#7 Post by sd/mt pga pro »

Just how drunk did you have to get old Bill? :lol:
BC

Stackbarrel16

#8 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Lost a bet as I recall. Public humiliation was the price.
Rand Paul 2016

Bill Layman

#9 Post by Bill Layman »

No drinking required. We both hate Auburn. Get well Bill.

The Pumpermeister

Stackbarrel16

#10 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

There were 3 different ryes and 4 more good bourbons to taste though....
Rand Paul 2016

steve voss

#11 Post by steve voss »

...and a couple of nice single malts. :D

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Colonel Brown

#12 Post by Colonel Brown »

Bill, you were most definitely missed! Lots of us hoping to see you there. But even without lifting 5 pounds, Flatwater could've been a real test for an ailing bladder. On the other hand, maybe alcohol taken internally would've been a good thing.

Are you planning on making the UP Shoot? If so, I'll see you there.

David

#13 Post by David »

Bill, thanks for the update. I was hoping to see you at Flatwater and glad to hear from you. I will look forward to seeing you next year. I pray for your renewed healing.
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

kgb

#14 Post by kgb »

Keep kickin' it, Bill!

Pancho McTavish
Location: Formerly high Over the Beach at Waikiki and now high in the Ozark Mountains

#15 Post by Pancho McTavish »

The Springfield Seven were all missing you this year Bill. Take good care of yourself buddy! :D