Things said at Flatwater

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Slowhand

Things said at Flatwater

#1 Post by Slowhand »

Wingshooter with a straight face asks Don Amos:
"So Don, have you ever noticed that guns with checkering are a little slower, maybe they prove to have more resistance?"

steve voss

#2 Post by steve voss »

Said by more than a few: "Jeez that's a nice rye!"

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

wingshooter

#3 Post by wingshooter »

Don Amos shows me his example of a high MOI gun (I think it was a 9 1/2 lb 10 gauge with 36" barrels. I hand the gun to Milton, who tries to mount it. Don says, "You hold that gun like a girl."
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

wingshooter

Re: Things said at Flatwater

#4 Post by wingshooter »

Slowhand wrote:Wingshooter with a straight face asks Don Amos:
"So Don, have you ever noticed that guns with checkering are a little slower, maybe they prove to have more resistance?"
Straight face on the outside to see his reaction, crackin' up inside.

Here's video of the Arrieta being spun on Don's MOI machine:

MM

kgb

#5 Post by kgb »

Mike, I hope I expressed in disgust what Don was thinking about the question (or questioner). I think I saw a crack or two develop in your face and you did well not to double over! Maybe if Don knew you better he would have struck you?

wingshooter

#6 Post by wingshooter »

You wanted your knife when?

MM

kgb

#7 Post by kgb »

wingshooter wrote:You wanted your knife when?
By bird season. Reflecting, I realize I didn't mention WHICH bird season. :(

gold40

#8 Post by gold40 »

After 6 successive misses on a difficult high rising bird -- in a strong wind -- one unamed Iowegan says to another Iowegan "Careful, don't trip over your empty shell pile!"

JERRY

Bluestem

#9 Post by Bluestem »

"Greg (Bluerock) said he'd never own a gun made in Brazil."

- Overheard as we took turns trying to hit hand-thrown targets with Greg's .410 Taurus Judge revolver (made in Brazil).

Bluerock Brimley

#10 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

Bluestem wrote:"Greg (Bluerock) said he'd never own a gun made in Brazil."

- Overheard as we took turns trying to hit hand-thrown targets with Greg's .410 Taurus Judge revolver (made in Brazil).
...the things I'll do for your entertainment!! :lol: BTW, how did anyone do with it??
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

Bluestem

#11 Post by Bluestem »

A few targets were hit and a few more were missed. We blamed the misses on the fact that you bought the 2.5" model instead of the one chambered for 3" shells. Actually, the muzzle blast probably did as much damage as the shot-charge. Is that thing legal for IDPA?