Clues

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Joe Cool

OMG!!

#31 Post by Joe Cool »

CORN LIKKER???

How'd you know, Maynard?? Postoak and I have been secretly planning this for months!! :lol: :lol:
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

M. R. Byrd

#32 Post by M. R. Byrd »

Just learned a little about moonshine while I lived in Frontenac and just figured it goes with the territory down your way.
Maynard Reece Byrd
M. R. Byrd Outdoors
Athlon Riflescopes
Dodge City

Joe Cool

LIKKER???

#33 Post by Joe Cool »

Well...I have to admit the TEXANS put me up to it!! They LOVE uncut moon! Tough ol' boys! :wink:

Plus, Larry Brown who got used to drinking homemade hooch in those hot and LEGALLY DRY muslim countries! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

M. R. Byrd

#34 Post by M. R. Byrd »

Word around Frontenac, that during prohibition you could get a drink at the front door anywhere in town, except one, the Methodist Church, that only served from the back door. Lots of stories about stills hid in the mine shafts.
Maynard Reece Byrd
M. R. Byrd Outdoors
Athlon Riflescopes
Dodge City

kgb

#35 Post by kgb »

Mike, I've got a book by Greener called "the gun and its development". Will I find the reference about him liking uncheckered guns (and table legs/loom spindles, etc.) in there? If so, what chapter? It'd give War and Peace a run for the money in propping up short table legs!!

M&M

#36 Post by M&M »

That's one of the finest looking bowling pins I've ever seen. We can bowl in between rain showers.

I considered a maraca, but that would have fit last years outfit better.

wingshooter

#37 Post by wingshooter »

Come see for yourself in a few hours. Flatwater one is ready to taxi. Let the games begin!
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

Stackbarrel16

#38 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

That's an RPG warhead shaped chunk of exposed grain black walnut.

Tiny tried to come as Bill Hunter. I guess his costume this time is............... Merky?
Rand Paul 2016

Colonel Brown

Re: LIKKER???

#39 Post by Colonel Brown »

Atticus Finch wrote:Well...I have to admit the TEXANS put me up to it!! They LOVE uncut moon! Tough ol' boys! :wink:

Plus, Larry Brown who got used to drinking homemade hooch in those hot and LEGALLY DRY muslim countries! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Unlike Saudi, Morocco was not legally dry. In fact, their wine is pretty darned good. Funny thing . . . no legal liquor sales on Sunday. Couldn't figure that one out, since it's not the Muslim holy day and since the former occupying power (France) isn't into blue laws where wine is concerned.

And I got to be good buddies with several Russians by trading CIA scotch (Johnny Walker Red, appropriately enough) for KGB Stolichnaya.

kgb

#40 Post by kgb »

Nowadays, KGB likes Belvedere. Bringing any?

pooch

#41 Post by pooch »

Looks like a table leg.

steve voss

#42 Post by steve voss »

pooch wrote:Looks like a table leg.
Pooch, go look at Digger's pictures.

How'd the new job look at first glance?

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

pooch

#43 Post by pooch »

Ah ha an RPG to kill squirrels.