DAMASCUS & TWIST BARRELS?

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
gold40

DAMASCUS & TWIST BARRELS?

#1 Post by gold40 »

Is anyone else planning to bring a SxS barreled with DAMASCUS or TWIST? And/or any hammer guns?

Will we have enough for a squad of "oldies" shooting together?

Jerry Goldstein

David

Re: DAMASCUS & TWIST BARRELS?

#2 Post by David »

gold40 wrote:Will we have enough for a squad of "oldies" shooting together?
Probably most of us qualify for the oldies squad regardless of our gun barrels. :wink: :lol:
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

steve voss

#3 Post by steve voss »

I know of two at least, my Bayard & Tiny's Birmy. Looking forward to it.

sv

"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

esetters74

#4 Post by esetters74 »

I'll be bringing a couple and my buddy Timbo will probably bringing one as well....my buddy from Osceola will be probably be bringing some nice ones too...he's got a beautiful W.R. Pape hammergun, a couple Lefevers (a gorgeous CE), A diamond Daly with a realy interesting "tweed" pattern. Lots of treats. :D

mbonner

#5 Post by mbonner »

I'll be bringing a Coggie hammer damascus, and a Belgian SLNE twist with British proofs and my Lang, with damascus barrels too. All 12 bores
If some has a spare sound pair of damascus barrels suitable for sleeving onto the Lang and could bring them to Flatwater that would be good.
Mikey

kgb

#6 Post by kgb »

Only got one hammer gun, a Winny (or Winnie?) 97, aka Winchester for those who can remember the rest of the letters in a name.

That's also the only of my shotguns that knows how to break a Chandelle target. :(

Joe Cool

Barrels?

#7 Post by Joe Cool »

Those old Damascus barrels are just not antique and classy enough for me.

So I'm going ONLY with mosaic steel barrels so my gun will match all my fine knives! :shock: And ONLY in the extra-large hammer models! :D

Jim Wurtz has stopped all knife work to sleeve a set of mosaic barrels onto a nice ol' hammergun for me. It's gonna be mighty Purdy, I think!!

Hope it can be shipped up from Argentina in time for Flatwater! 8) 8)
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

Bluestem

#8 Post by Bluestem »

Damascus? Twist? Laminated? I'll be wearing the flak jacket that my uncle brought back from Vietnam. :P

Bill Layman

#9 Post by Bill Layman »

I'm sure that Larry Harwood will drag along his new to him Damascus 20 gauge Parker. We've all been living dangerously as he has been shooting it regularly at skeet for the last few weeks. :lol:

The Pumpermeister

postoak

#10 Post by postoak »

The Wild Bunch coming up from Texas will be bringing along a few Hammer Guns :lol:

"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"

Brent XVI'er

#11 Post by Brent XVI'er »

I' bringing an L. C. Smith damascus hammer gun, F grade 12 bore-32" barrels- "anti-aircraft", with what I think is stub twist. I will have to research further. Thinman and The Shadow( Charles and Ben) found this one for me. :lol:

I 'magin T-post will bring his "Sour Drillin'"that he jes' got.
The joys of shooting a 16 bore are only realized when you do it.

postoak

#12 Post by postoak »

Yea Brent, I got a Sour Drilling on that little deal, I think I had best hide it behind the Kitchen Door. It is less than "Cracker Barrel" condition. :(
"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"

Bruce Day

#13 Post by Bruce Day »

I'll drag along a couple old Parker beaters, and maybe one of those new fangled Browning two shot autos that I found in the back of the safe.

Charles Hammack

#14 Post by Charles Hammack »

YEP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rEgArDs , CNH2

Steve007

#15 Post by Steve007 »

Don't those things blow up? :shock: