So what has a guy got to do .....

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
RNCN

So what has a guy got to do .....

#1 Post by RNCN »

... to crack an invitation to Flatwater 2012?

Retirement is coming up for me and one way of celebrating could be coming along bottles in hand to what has got to be one of the most eagerly anticipated gun events for fine gun enthusiasts in the world. Outside of the Bonhams auction room, that is!!

I would love to go to an event like this one and meet some of you old farts. So what about it? Any chance of an invite? I cant guarantee I can get my guns Stateside (Purdey, Boss, C&H, WR, and Beretta) but I am sure I can smuggle a bottle or four of Highland Park!! Along with my bagpipes ....

2012???? If any of you old buggers are still alive .....

Best Wishes

Rob

steve voss

#2 Post by steve voss »

Rob,

The Flatwater Open is strictly limited to those who show up. :D

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

David

#3 Post by David »

Rob, don't expect a fancy, formal shoot if you come next year. You should expect the company of the most generous, friendliest bunch of shotgun (and other firearm) enthusiasts. In another topic i have suggested the name be changed to Fratwater. :lol: You'll find people with Holland and Hollands and people with Mossberg bolt actions and everything in between. Mostly you'll find a lot of genuine camaraderie.
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

Stackbarrel16

#4 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

No invite needed, it's an open invite shoot and has been from the get go.
Rand Paul 2016

Brent XVI'er

#5 Post by Brent XVI'er »

Rob, you may consider yourself formally invited. :wink: (Plan to have fun and be prepared to have a full stomach as well as shoot rare and expensive guns.)

I almost forgot..... do you or have you ever owned, a 16 bore shotgun? If so, you can come. Just remember to bring one for the more needy of the attendees. :lol:
The joys of shooting a 16 bore are only realized when you do it.